Killarney

Killarney was a permanent outstation of Canning Downs, located near the south-east boundary of the Canning Downs run and near the present town of the same name. The two men possibly Martens himself and one of the Leslies look up the valley of the Condamine River towards its source in the Great Dividing Range.


Full screen
Detail 1
Detail 2
Photo 1979


Martens, Conrad
England/Australia 180178
Killarney, Canning Downs 1854
Watercolour
29.4 x 43.2cm
Collection: Queensland Art Gallery
Purchased 1998 with funds raised through The Conrad Martens Queensland Art Gallery Foundation Appeal and with the assistance of the Queensland Government's special Centenary Fund


Print friendly version